Our centre provides a stimulating and fun environment to enhance your child’s learning in their early years. Learning starts long before school, with the first five years of a child’s life being crucial to laying the foundations for their ability to learn throughout their later years. We have specifically designed our Early Experiences program to deliver real-life learning experiences for your child.
As a toddler, children are opening up to new challenges as their communication skills expand and they learn to concentrate, experiment and play. Our educators support this magical phase through a program of play-based learning activities to help them explore their own interests and strengths.
Australia’s Early Years Learning "Framework, Belonging, Being and Becoming", is at the heart of our approach to early years education. The framework’s emphasis is on play-based learning. This includes things like singing to help your child learn about language; drawing with crayons to help them express their feelings and encourage writing; playing with shapes and patterns to develop their problem-solving skills; and group activities to build their social skills.
At our centre, you will find plenty of spaces that inspire your child’s creativity and imagination, which is so important for building social skills and self-confidence. Our toys, play equipment and resources are the types that would typically be found in the home, to help your child feel comfortable.
Some of the special features of our toddler early learning rooms include:
- A free choice of many creative resources, at a low height for easy access
- Open-ended resources such as a home corner that can be refashioned into a shopping centre kitchen, or café etc.
- Bright, modern creative learning spaces decorated with colourful murals created by Rockhampton State High School students.
- Dress-ups, arts and crafts and other materials that lead to a range of spontaneous play moments.
- Props for your child to role-play what they see around them, such as being a hairdresser, cooking at home, or going shopping.
- Large yards with wide patio areas, shaded sandpits, undercover climbing equipment and a range of sports and other outdoor play equipment.
We would love to show you around our toddler rooms! Book a tour at our centre, or call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.